It was a pleasure to share research with you during the General Session for the Association of Zoos & Aquariums on September 10th, 2019.
I hope that this information will be helpful to you in championing your mission and considering how it aids in fueling attendance, cultivating support, and creating meaningful moments. For more information on the key concepts shared in this presentation, please see these articles:
- For data on negative substitution of historic visitors to US cultural organizations, see Negative Substitution: Why Cultural Organizations Must Better Engage New Audiences FAST
- To explore decision-making processes and reputational equity, see The Critical Role of Reputation in Cultural Center Success
- Cultural organizations are trusted sources of information: see In Museums We Trust. Here’s How Much.
- Your mission matters. Here’s the data: Finding: Museums That Highlight Mission Financially Outperform Museums That Market Primarily as Attractions
- Here’s why growing repeat attendance is important: Same People, More Visits: What Growing Repeat Attendance Means for Cultural Organizations
- For more on missions and membership, check out Mission Motivated vs. Transaction Motivated Members: What Your Cultural Organization Needs To Know.
- For more on personal facilitated experiences, see The Most Reliable Way To Increase Visitor Satisfaction To Cultural Organizations.
- The best thing about a visit isn’t what you see, but who you see it with. See The Value of Shared Experiences Within Cultural Organizations.
If you have any questions or if we may be of service at all, please contact Bethany Corriveau Gotschall at [email protected]