Welcome, MSA Forward workshop attendees!
You can click here to download the MSA Forward 2022 Workshop deck!
Please remember that all information in this deck is the property of IMPACTS Experience. As per our agreements with generous partners who have helped fund the research and allow us to share the information, this deck and/or any parts of it may not be sold or used for commercial purposes, including use by third-party consultancies, agencies, or other entities. Similarly, this deck and/or any parts of it may not be made available on behalf of an organization outside of IMPACTS Experience (i.e. on an organization’s website) or re-presented without permission granted by the company and its partners.
Thank you for the great work that you do, museum retail leaders!
We hope that the information shared is helpful to you and others in understanding the impact that museum retail can have on inspiring attendance, cultivating connection, increasing satisfaction, and making and preserving meaningful museum memories for visitors.
Much of the research shared in this presentation has been organized with either the end of year 2021 or the first quarter of year 2022 as the major reporting milestones. In other words, the data and related analyses are recent as of the time of the workshop, and generally contemplate factors that were observed during the pandemic. Some of the key findings may prove durable, while others may evolve over time. For more information on the key topics shared in this presentation, please see these articles:
- Dive into greater detail on the best thing about the museum retail experience in this article: Engagement Insights From The Gift Shop: What Visitors Say Is The Best Thing About Museum Retail Experiences
- Retail experiences matter to members, and members are increasingly critical for museum recover during the pandemic (Why Members Are Critical for Your Recovery Strategy). A particularly timely reason why museums should care about members right now is because Willingness to Consider a Donation is Up – Especially Among Members and Subscribers
- Indeed, it’s getting more difficult to get people to put on their “going out pants” and leave their homes. Here’s a Data Update on Growing Cultural Organization Competition: The Couch
- When are museums in the US expected to recover attendance to pre-coronavirus rates? Market Potential By Quarter in 2022: Projected Attendance to US Cultural Entities
- Think elevated expectations surrounding digital engagement are going away now that we’re learning to live alongside the virus? Think again. Increased Digital Engagement is a ‘New Normal’ for Cultural Entities
- What Factors Influence a Cultural Organization’s Reputation? The answer is in that link.
- Visitor satisfaction is critical. Here’s why: The Three Most Important Reasons to Prioritize Visitor Satisfaction
- For more on personal facilitated experiences, see Personalizing the Onsite Experience Increases Satisfaction in Visitor-Serving Organizations
- What your visitors don’t want: Data Reveals the Worst Things About Visiting Cultural Organizations
- The best thing about a visit isn’t what you see, but who you see it with. See The Value of Shared Experiences Within Cultural Organizations
If you have any questions or if we may be of service at all, please contact Sophia Hudzik at [email protected] Thank you again!